Friday, May 02, 2008

Going to the Prom

Tonight, I am going to the virtual prom at Sunshine's and the pursuit of happiness, and I have a date, my wife, MJD. In my town and in my day, it was customary to have a prom for juniors and another prom for seniors. After my Junior Prom , I decided that a rented tuxedo is not necessary for status and a good time. Last year, I blogged about my ill-fitting attire for the Junior Prom. For my Senior Prom, I took a new girl, who transferred from a local private high school. Pam was intelligent and lovely. Additionally, I wore my very own suit instead of the inferior rented garb. However, following another tradition, I did buy a wrist corsage for my date. Hoping for a special prom kiss, I brought strawberry-scented lipstick for my date's luscious lips. Sadly, my hopes were dashed; there was no goodnight kiss.

Tonight for the virtual prom, I am wearing blue jeans and a purple polo...times sure have changed since 1962.

5 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger Molly said...

You look very handsome in your suit and the Elvis hair. Your red hair is even better than Elvis.

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger PJ Librarian said...

You and MJD have really great short stories that are just screaming to be put together in a memory book for your grandkids photos and all. Please consider it.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Mike Minzes said...

wonderful pictures

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger debi said...

I agree about the book. Daddy D you were one hot dude. Gee,that sounds a bit too doesn't it? I like the ones with you and Molly the best.

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Gabriel Marsh said...

Thhank you for sharing this

 

Post a Comment

<< Home