Friday, February 01, 2008

"You made your bed

...now lie in it." is something that mother used to say to my sister. Maybe she said this to me as well, but I was not listening. I think that this may be a classical thing that mothers say to daughters.



Daddy D and I inherited this brass bed from my parents. The lovely handmade quilt was stitched by my mother-in-law. In a way, I did not really make this bed, but the lovely brass bed reminds me of this song by the great Bob Dylan. I am rather sure that the words of the song do not reflect what Laura meant by "You made your bed now lie in it.", but I could be wrong.



7 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger daddy d said...

Classical statement, "You made your ..". The brass head board is very nice with the quilt. The bed brings together things of our parents.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger LizLSB said...

Please tell DaddyD thanks for visiting my blog. :)

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger ChrisB said...

Your brass bed and quilt are beautiful things to have inherited from your parent's and m-i-l.

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great song, and beautiful big brass bed. I liked what Daddy D said in his comment - a melding of two families into one.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

That's a beautiful bed!!

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

I just love brass beds, and I so want one ....one day I will get one. I may even have a lookie on ebay today :)
I love the quilt too btw :)

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger TJ said...

I LOVE IT!
I have always thought the brass bed to be such a elegant set..and to have to inherited from your parent's HOW COOL IS THAT!!
TJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home