Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Make Sure She Wears Her Boots

When Daddy D and I married 44 years ago the day after Christmas, my father gave my groom this advice, "Make Sure She Wears her Boots." From time to time my husband has reminded me of this sage wisdom. Now of course, my father, a humorous fellow, was mostly joking. However, characteristically I did not always dress for the weather so advising my husband to encourage proper winter attire was wise.

As a matter of fact, I have not worn boots for years. But yesterday, we added a nice waterproof, lined pair of boots to my winter wardrobe. We live near a large park, and I needed something to wear for walks in the snowy woods.

In the woods giving the new boots a try.

My dad would have approved of my wise choice. My husband might have preferred a pair like these. Somehow I do not think that is what my father meant.

3 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right you are. The boots you own are the ones your father was thinking of. Those other boots are know as "Party Boot". They are not made for walking very far.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Frankly, I love the boots you have on and am not fond of those others. I would break an ankle in them!! Our daughter in NYC is learning to love her boots as she slogs through rain/snow. :)

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Slim Black Leather Jacket said...

You wear in this style looks so warm and this is the right way in winter! Think about the Hooded Down Jackets For Men from www.cwmalls.com its cool and also very fashion!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home