Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mama Doesn't Have Back (Nor Does Her Baby)

For the past six months, I have been following an eating plan suggested to my husband by a dear friend. The plan he suggested is The G.I. Diet by Rick Gallop. For a variety reasons, Daddy D decided to try Gallop's easy-to-follow-traffic-light plan. Even though I too could stand to lose a few pounds and chins, my weight-loss on this plan was almost accidental. I was following the plan for convenience so not to prepare two different meals.

Recently, our diet enthusiast friend kindly commented to me that I should get off the diet as I was losing too much weight on "the bottom." Now, my butt is not a part of my body that is especially large even at my heaviest weight. His comment reminded me of something my mother used to say.

My mother, who in many ways was twice the woman that I am, did not have a particularly large posterior although she battled weight problems much of her life. She would say that her diminutive rear was due to a special medicine called Noassitol (pronounced N0-Ass-At-All.) So my lack of back is either due to genetics, or I take the same medicine as my mom did. My mother, Laura Gray, was a bit of a character. You can read more about her sayings here, here, and here.

8 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Blogger daddy d said...

So people just don't have the right outlook to know what is what. Three college degrees don't make a person know everything about everything. Can I hear an AMEN?

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger Keli said...

Gotta love a momma with a sense of humour!

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger TopSurf said...

Perfect! That is what Mom's are for right?

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger ChrisB said...

Reading this reminded me that back in my *slim day* I used to do *bottom walking exercises* as I didn't have access to Noassitol medicine!!

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger Marissa said...

It's ironic that I made my son choke with laughter by using the phrase, "Noassatall" last night while watching "King of the Hill" -- In that episode Hank was informed his back issues were caused by not having enough cushion on his tuchus.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

I love that medicine and know some people who could use it! I don't carry my weight there either; it's usually around the middle!

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Coffespaz said...

Hi there, sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I'm happy you are posting again!

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Mike Minzes said...

It's all about how you see it. If you change the way you look at thigs, the things you look at change.

I have a new blog. I hope you come by and visit.

http://inspiritone.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home