Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Math Teacher


My father in the center of the picture used to say, "If I had it do over again, I'd be a math teacher." Father, a factory worker at General Electric, reasoned that the pursuit of mathematics is an intellectual endeavor and did not require much equipment. Strangely enough his eldest son, the lad on the left, did become a math teacher. After a few years of teaching geometry, this son became a full-time science teacher. Teaching science does require a few pieces of equipment, which could regarded as sophisticated toys.

5 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Blogger gawilli said...

Do you think his "saying" guided you toward your chosen profession? I have wondered from time to time if I would walk this same path if I had it to do over again.

Nice dad picture!

 
At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't my big brothers something else?........oh, I can tell some great tales about those two.
Ruthie

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Frema said...

What a neat picture. :)

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting how things work out.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

My fav things at school were maths and science, so now I have a degree in health sciences, nursing. Anywonder I love to watch Mythbusters too :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home