Saturday, October 14, 2006

About Two Weeks


Like the lovely Sarah as a child, my son, Luke , cut his own hair, but Luke did this several times. Luke is pictured here in Junior Church. He is the rascal with the jagged bangs and the fearsome demeanor. In Luke's case, I guess that this penchant for cutting hair may be genetic or at least environmental. For a variety of reasons, I usually cut my own hair. Sometimes the result of this personalized barbering is fine; other haircuts have been disastrous. Daddy D has a saying that fits the more embarrassing explorations of this haircutting endeavor. He quips, “Do you know the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut?” The answer, “About Two Weeks…”

I am about two weeks after one such haircutting adventure. Daddy D may be right; the cut looks better than it did two weeks ago.

6 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger gawilli said...

Sarah did it one very memorable time; the day before a wedding she was to be flower girl in.

I have had many "About Two Weeks" haircuts and not all of them have been at my own hand!

Cute Luke!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Swampwitch said...

I am now motivated to go to that box of old photos to find pictures of my daughter with absolutely NO bangs. Cute pic. I especially like his pose.

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Frema said...

Luke can do whatever he wants to his own hair, but he will be staying away from the tresses of our children. :)

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute boy! I also cut my own hair. It's cheap, and you don't have to worry about explaining anything wrong to a barber- it's much easier for me to forgive myself than someone else for messing up my hair!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Tink said...

I think all kids have cut their hair at one time or another. But my brother Lil Bit? He had to be different. He cut his eyelashes.

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pose! I never did this, but my sister did. She took a lot off. It was hilarious!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home