Monday, October 02, 2006

Round Tuit


My brother-in-law, who is a man of many talents, uses an expression that comes complete with a prop. The expression is one that everyone uses, but to me the saying belongs to Jerry. What do you say when someone asks you to do something, or why you have not done something? Do you answer? "I will clean the garage, make an appointment to see the doctor, start attending church...when I get around to it." Several years ago, Jerry created a wooden nickel that proclaimed, "Tuit." I asked him to send me a photo of the wooden nickel, but he probably did not (you know) get around to it so I found this Round Tuit picture online. If you are like me and do not have enough hours in a day, maybe you need a one of these Round Tuits. You can order them online.

Addendum: This morning after posting this useful tip, I have discovered that my good brother-in-law did send me another version of the item and in a timely fashion. However, I was in a hurry to get these wise words out to you busy Internet folks. Jerry reports that the "original Round Tuit is currently unavailable in archives, translate lost." This is his 2-dimensional for you craftspeople to create your own Round Tuit. But if you are like me, you probably will not get around to it.

6 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Tink said...

I am absolutely ashamed that it took me so long to figure out what the heck "Round Tu-It" meant. I was like, "Is it another language? Is it yiddish?" LOL!

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger gawilli said...

Well its nice to see that there is an expression for the ailment that afflicts me from time to time. Its also interesting to me, when I think over the times I have said this, that it is usually the things that would have been done for myself that get put aside. Tell Jerry thanks...now I have no excuse!

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger daddy d said...

There is a time for most everything. But the ordering of activities within a time frame axis requires some choices to be made along the way. Making choices takes time and effort itself. There is nothing easy about get to it or even around to it. One just needs to try to get it done at some point in time.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

OMG, that is just a hoot of a story and I shall not forget that!!!!
Reminds me of what we sometimes call a person who says they are going to do it...one day...they are a GUNNA...gunna do this, gunna do that. Thing is, they are really just an "ARFUR", (Half-a-job).
Though, those words do not come with such a marvelous prop as the Round TUIT!!!

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Frema said...

Whay a funny story. Great idea with the coin.

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Steve said...

I have been passing out 'Round Tuits' from Key West FL to Fairbanks AK for aobut 2 years now. You can order them from Ituit of the web.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home