Thursday, June 07, 2007

It Looks Like Rain

My daughter called Saturday afternoon and in the midst of the conversation she said, "The leaves are turned up. It's going to rain." I looked out the window and immediately knew what she was talking about. We learned this from my mother. She would forecast the rain and be right the majority of the time. She always said that when the leaves turned up so you could see their underside it was going to rain.

She would have been right this time, because it looked like rain...

...and by Sunday morning it did!

9 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Ahhhh, that is amazing!! I have seen this before with the leaves, but I never knew what it meant, and so now, I know :)

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Molly said...

Your mother must have been a very observant woman. I wonder if the leaves look that right now because it sure looks like rain.

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mjd - I was noticing that on the way home thinking the very same thing, although now it has calmed a bit. We shall see!

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger meggie said...

Oh the wisdom of the plants!! We are all connected.

We are currently having deluge!!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Mike Minzes said...

One of the most scientific ways to predict the weather. The forecasters could learn from nature better than any computer model

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Coffespaz said...

That's really spooky!! When I was little, my older sister was engaged to a man who told us that. Of course, it always panned out to be true, but he was the only person I have ever met who knew that. Until now.... :-)

I still use it as a forecasting prediction! In fact, my hubby owed me a coffee because of it. He didn't believe me, so we made a bet. Within 3 hours it rained!

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger ChrisB said...

Plants are very clever!

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger PeppyPilotGirl said...

I never knew that! Pretty darn cool. Thanks for sharing that piece of info!!

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Debs said...

That is so neat. Learn something new everyday. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home