Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Dead Although Not Fat Hair

You can tell from the previous post about The Boodlerag that my dad was fortunate not only to have a full head of hair, but he was blessed with having naturally wavy hair as well. Dad was a blue-eyed blond. When blonds turn gray, the gray hair does not stand out and scream. "Look at me I am old." Instead the gray hairs graciously blend in the the blond hair; hence light-haired people may seem to turn gray overnight so to speak. Our Dad's hair seemed to do just that. One day Dad's hair was blond; the next day Dad's hair was silver. My dad like many men was not bothered by the gray hair. But when asked about the rapid hair color change, he would respond that his hair was dead. When hearing advertisements about thinning hair, he would comment, "Who wants to have fat hair?" The picture from 1983 shows both of my parents. As you can see, both of my parents ended up with dead hair.

Although I was a brunette as a young girl with very dark brown hair, I must take after my father as my wavy hair has been "dead" for years. Furthermore, although thinning hair has not been a problem, I definitely do not have fat hair.

11 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger daddy d said...

Nice hair thoughts. I thought all hair was dead. Some guys just don't have much of that stuff on their head. I was told that the mother's father was the link that could predict the son's hair loss. I think that works some of the time.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger molly said...

Me too.... been a member of the dead hair brigade for many years now. Tried to comment, but couldn't on White Robin. I've seen a tv program about child soldiers that was appalling. Not sure if it was about the Congo. When I was a teenager Irish troops were sent to the Congo to help keep the peace. Obviously their efforts were in vain.....

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

LOL "dead hair"reminds me of last night when we were out to tea and my Mia said, "Mum, I think this tree is dead" Upon inspection, it was noted, the tree in question was not only dead, it was FAKE, LOL.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Tink said...

I find new "dead" hairs every day. It's just not fair. I'm too young for this! But on the other hand, my family is known for their "fat" hair, so I shouldn't have any thin hair problems as I get older. :)

 
At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Molly Mouse............your hair is always pretty..as you are. (I think your next article should be how you got the name Molly Mouse.) YOU truely are a person who is beautiful inside as you are outside.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger meggie said...

My hair is greying, but not totally grey yet. It is also quite 'fat'. Haha. Hairdressers keep wanting to 'thin' it but I protest!

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Keetha said...

Fat hair! I love that. Thanks for your kind comments - I appreciate your reading.

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger PeppyPilotGirl said...

I definitely don't have fat hair - stick straight and stuck to my head - they tell me I have lots of it (in terms of number of hairs). If this is what lots looks like, I hope to God it doesn't start thinning!

That is a really nice thing about blonde hair too - the gradual fade.

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like your dad had a great since of humor and a great attitude about what spouted on his head.

Molly? But I've already dubbed you Mary Jane DoRight in my head! :)

 
At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dad had a full head of dark thick hair until he died at the age of 76. I started to go bald in my thirties, but you know what they say about bald men ...
'Men who are bald at the front are thinkers.
Men who are bald at the back are sexy... and ...
Men who are bald all over only think they're sexy'.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Momentary Madness said...

I hate to be morbid ( well actually I don't mind; it gets attention I suppose) but hair does continue to grow a number of days after you're deceased; it is indeed a strange filament. I am thinking of having a manual razor along-side me when I die, but my wife says: "for gods (that's god with no capital letter; so it's not really God if you get my drift) Paddy for the umpteen time you want to be created / I mean cremated; what the use in a razor.
Y :-) Paddy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home